M.Sc PT, B.Sc Kin, CAFCIBack to All
great hands and an amazing touch that goes with his big heart
Bachelors of Science in Kinesiology (with Distinction), University of Alberta 2005
Certified Fitness Consultant, Canadian Society of Exercise Physiologists, 2005
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy (with Distinction), University of Alberta 2009
- Canadian Acupuncture Foundation Institute Certification 2012
- Radial Shockwave Therapy Certification 2015
- APTA Vestibular Rehabilitation Certification, Emory University 2015
- Trail Runner, Swimmer, Climber, Husband and Father of Three
You haven’t experienced a hands on treatment until you have met the hands of Dan Timmermans. Dan strives for perfection in all that he does. His intellect and education are often muddled by a quirky demeanor and off the cuff comments that can raise an eyebrow or leave Grant wondering “huh?” Don’t let the demeanor fool you, as his passion for delivering amazing hands on care forms the foundation of a treatment experience that will both educate and feel good at the same time. After several years of practice elsewhere Dan was convinced to bring his education, values and skills to us. He also thankfully brings to Leading Edge passion, compassion and a peculiar style that represent many of the traits we look for in our physiotherapists.
- Favourite book – Dan has an insatiable thirst for classical and modern literature. An all-time favourite would have to be ‘East of Eden’. Sam Hamilton is the epitome of situational intelligence and has a true gentleman’s spirit. (Whatever that means!)
- Favourite sport – As an ex-competitive swimmer, swimming still tops the charts. However, Dan does enjoy taking in any competitive athletic event and has fallen in love with trail running in recent years.
- Favourite movie – The perfect movie for Dan would be a hybrid between: Major League, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Pulp Fiction. The hybrid would make for one odd movie, but that’s what makes Dan Dan.
- Favourite hobby – Dan’s favourite pastime is running through Edmonton’s beautiful river valley. He enjoys the challenge as well as the gorgeous scenery and surprising wildlife encounters.
- Clinical pet peeve – Running out of athletic tape when the last 5cm are needed. It happens every-time and it’s a long walk around the counter to get another roll.
- Something you may not know about him – Dan is an aspiring contestant for American Ninja Warrior. He can be seen practicing his mad skills at various playgrounds throughout Edmonton with his two young boys who wonder what the heck he is doing.
- Staff say– Dan can also confuse any conversation by tossing in a random quote from just about any movie released between 1986 and 1998.
- Superhuman talent– Dan can hold his breath for over 2 minutes and may just have secret gills hidden behind his ears.
From the time Dan spent working as a massage therapist honing his hands on skills, everything Dan has studied and practiced has culminated in the relentless pursuit of delivering the best care possible. His studies have taken him from his days as a massage therapist, to achieving his credentials as a Certified Fitness Consultant from the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiologists in 2005. He subsequently returned to the University of Alberta to receive his Masters in Physical Therapy in 2009. Beginning to practice as a physiotherapist he continues on a relentless pursuit of post graduate education. He studied and has achieved certification in Acupuncture from the Canadian Acupuncture Foundation (2012), Radial Shockwave certification (2015) and APTA Vestibular Rehabilitation Certification from Emory University (2015). Dan has a special interest in the treatment of elite swimmers from various clubs in the Edmonton region.
Is Radial Shockwave Right For Me?
Do you suffer from tennis elbow, golfers elbow, jumpers knee (patellar tendinitis), achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis or rotator cuff tendinitis and you live in ...Read More
Plantar Fasciitis – One of The Most Common Causes of Heel Pain
At Leading Edge Physiotherapy, on a daily basis we see feet. We see a lot of them. The most common complaint of pain in ...Read More
Self Care for TMJ Pain
If you are suffering from TMJ (jaw) symptoms there can be many causes. Everything from the structure of your jaw and grinding of the ...Read More
The Spa at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Located in the amazing Jasper National Park, a Unesco World Heritage Site, the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge offers more than just an amazing hotel ...Read More
How We Perform Massage and Spa Reviews
At Leading Edge, we are often asked for recommendations for massage therapists and about spas that we visit. Since it is in our nature ...Read More