Cancer RehabilitationBack to All
there is more to life than just surviving a diagnosis
At Leading Edge Physiotherapy, we know that there is more to life than just surviving. It isn’t enough to just be happy to be alive. With the many effects that a cancer diagnosis can have on an individual such as the effects of treatment and medication, we seek to provide today’s leading edge technology and techniques to give you the outcomes you are looking for.
Leading Edge Physiotherapy is proud to offer Cancer rehabilitation at our specially staffed and designed facility in central Edmonton. This facility is designed to help people with cancer maintain and restore physical and emotional well-being. Leading Edge Cancer rehabilitation is available before, during and after cancer treatment.
Cancer rehabilitation professionals at our Leading Edge Cancer Care Clinic offer the help and expertise that you need to:
- Improve your endurance, strength and mobility
- Build your confidence and self-esteem
- Provide tools and strategies to make daily living activities easier
- Help you cope with anxiety, distress or other emotional issues
- Reduce fatigue, pain and other lingering side effects
- Return to work
- Return to sport
- Ensure that there is quality of life after cancer
Our services can benefit all people with cancer who experience a change in quality of life after diagnosis, including all types and stages of cancer.
Cancer Specific Services
- Lymphedema Management
- Fatigue Management
- Cording / Frozen Shoulder
- Post Operative Management
- Balance Dysfunction
- Pain Management
- Joint Mobilization
All of our assessments and treatments are under the care and supervision of a physiotherapist with post graduate training in the management of patients with cancer related disorders.