BScPT, CMAc, CGIMSBack to All
treats with a big heart and shares many tears
- Bachelors Of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Alberta graduate with distinction – 1999
- Medical Acupuncture Certification (Dr. Aung), University of Alberta – 2001
- Gunn IMS Certification, Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain, British Columbia – 2003
- Radial Shockwave Certification – 2008
- Yoga instructor, dancer, avid golfer and certified mom
Heidi, the resident clinic mother and baker, chose her career at the age of 14 after attending physio for an ankle injury. After that, anytime she drove past Corbett Hall, the home of Rehabilitation Medicine at the U of A, she announced “that is where I will go to school, meet the man of my dreams and have wedding pictures on the lawn.” She got into the physio program at age 17, met Grant and had engagement pictures on the lawn at their graduation. (In retrospect, she wishes she would have asked for a million dollars while she was at it, as obviously someone was answering her dreams).
- Favorite Books – Memoirs of a Geisha and Snowflower and the Secret Fan
- Favorite Music – Anything, but especially country (Ugggggh says Grant)
- Useless Talent – Heidi can say the alphabet faster backwards than forwards and can make her little toe move outward in isolation from the others… Try it, it’s not easy!
- Thing she is most known for – crying, even at IGA openings as her family can attest
- Something else you may not know about her – she was in French immersion, speaks some German, and is a wicked tap dancer
- Most embarrassing moment(s) – oh, so many stories, ask her to describe her “shake it out moment” at a hairdresser, or the time she sold her car, or the time she flew first class with a chocolate in her lap, or the time she split her pants at work. Heidi believes that if you can’t laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at?
- Favorite Places – Maui, the cabin and Jasper
- Favorite day of the year – her annual christmas party with Santa, christmas carols and of course, good food
- Clinical pet peeve – when someone tells a joke and she can’t hear the punch line through the soundproof curtains
- Most thankful for – Anything chocolate, especially Toblerone, Snickers and Turtles (of course, tied with quiet moments reading to her daughters Darby and Wynn!)
- Staff at the clinic say – “She looks sweet and innocent but don’t let it fool you. This physiotherapist is one tough mommy who has experience, knowledge and lots of cheesy jokes.”
- Superhuman trait – Heidi has the ability to make you laugh and enjoy a treatment session, even when every instinct you have suggests you should have been swearing out loud!
Heidi has been practicing in St. Albert for over 17 years. She has a Baccalaureate in Physical Therapy with distinction from the University of Alberta. She completed her Certificate in Medical Acupuncture under Dr. Steven Aung in 2001 and achieved Gunn IMS certification in 2003, studying under Dr. Chan Gunn at the Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain. She utilizes her extensive experience, IMS, acupuncture, humor, compassion and her adept manual therapy skills to treat chronic pain and acute/chronic sports injuries. She has mentored over a twenty University students and future therapists and is a Clinical Lecturer at the U of A. She is an avid golfer, dancer and yoga instructor.
Heidi is the founder of St. Albert’s cash mob. Learn more about her mission to promote small business and build on the strength of our amazing community by reading our cashmob blog.Request Appointment
"I am so happy that I discovered Leading Edge Physiotherapy. The expert staff at Leading Edge Physiotherapy has facilitated my recovery from a head injury and resulting vestibular trauma sustained in a recent motor vehicle ..."
Is Radial Shockwave Right For Me?
Do you suffer from tennis elbow, golfers elbow, jumpers knee (patellar tendinitis), achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis or rotator cuff tendinitis and you live in ...Read More
Plantar Fasciitis – One of The Most Common Causes of Heel Pain
At Leading Edge Physiotherapy, on a daily basis we see feet. We see a lot of them. The most common complaint of pain in ...Read More
Self Care for TMJ Pain
If you are suffering from TMJ (jaw) symptoms there can be many causes. Everything from the structure of your jaw and grinding of the ...Read More
The Spa at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Located in the amazing Jasper National Park, a Unesco World Heritage Site, the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge offers more than just an amazing hotel ...Read More
How We Perform Massage and Spa Reviews
At Leading Edge, we are often asked for recommendations for massage therapists and about spas that we visit. Since it is in our nature ...Read More