Jordan StogrynBack to All
harry potter… hermione granger… they don’t have the magic this physio has
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, University of Calgary – 2014
- Masters in Physical Therapy, University of Alberta – 2018
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association Orthopedic Division CPA Level 1 – 2018
- Functional Dry Needling (Kinetacore) – 2019
- Pelvic Health Solutions Level 1 & 2, Pelvic girdle pain/pregnancy – 2021
- AA1 and AA2 Medical Acupuncture Accreditation, Acupuncture Foundation of Canada (ACC) – 2022
- Gunn IMS Certification – 2022
Jordan has always had a passion for sports and helping others. Becoming a physio for Jordan meant having a career that let her learn and grow constantly, all while being able to treat athletes and others who need her help. She enjoys treating all types of injuries, such as sprains, strains, sports injuries, but has special training in Pelvic health. She found her love for physio after years of treatment and constant injuries from dancing. While her Bachelor’s and Masters degree may seem impressive, her talents lie in golfing, acting as sous chef to her husband, polishing off a glass of wine with friends and taking care of her 2 dogs. She is well cultured which is obvious if you understand her obsession with the Harry Potter series! If she could meet any one person, it would definitely be J K Rowling. She is a fun and exciting addition to Leading Edge’s family, all while bringing care, attention, focus and some Hogwarts magic to her patients.
- Favorite books – the entire Harry Potter series, but specially book 6, the Half Blood Prince.
- Music – country music above all, but she’ll listen to anything as long as she can dance and sing the wrong lyrics.
- Movies she loves – The Grinch (with Jim Carrey), no matter the season.
- Favorite activities – golfing, dog park walks, cooking, novice gardening, dancing, slogger (ahem – slow jogger)
- Physio nickname – Jord or Jordo.
- What her physio assistants say about her – “a weirdo but has good style”
- Did you know? – she has 2 dogs, Copper and Lucy
- Clinical pet peeve – when someone takes half a doughnut, completely unacceptable!
- Super human trait – her talents lie not in speed, not in strength, but in the ability to make a wine bottle vanish in the blink of an eye.
- Community connections – Dynamyx Gymnastics Center
Jordan grew up in Grande Prairie where she took an interest in dancing and spent a good portion of time in the physiotherapy clinic because of it. Whether it was knee or back or foot pain, she was impressed by what the physios were able to do to reduce her pain and get her back in dance class and ready for performance. After graduating high school, Jordan moved to Calgary where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology (2014), worked for a year as a kinesiologist in a physio clinic and enjoyed group fitness instructing. She then continued on to the University of Alberta (downtown Calgary campus) to complete her Masters of Science in Physiotherapy graduating in 2018. She started her physiotherapy career in Calgary and then moved to Edmonton shortly after. It was fall of 2020 when she found Leading Edge and became a part of our amazing team. Since joining, Jordan has been hitting the books hard. She has garnered her advanced credentials in Pelvic Health Management, certification in acupuncture from the Acupuncture Foundation of Canada and certification in the practice of Gunn Intramuscular Stimulation from the University of British Columbia. She is truly a Leading Edge therapist as she shares our values of bringing advanced skills and training to each and every patient who cross our threshold. Jordan enjoys treating a wide variety of conditions and injuries, not to mention a wide variety of personalities. She is excited to meet you and be a part of your journey!Request Appointment
Listen: On Post Operative Shoulder Surgery with Guest Patient Carolyne Robertson
In this episode, our guest Carolyne Robertson shares her first hand account of a shoulder dislocation and subsequent surgery for a rotator cuff tear....Read More
Listen: On Radiation Oncology with Brock Debenham
In this episode, our guest Dr. Brock Debenham shares his unique perspective on his area of expertise - Cancer. He discusses life as a ...Read More
Listen: On Tennis Elbow With Patient Kent Clark
In this episode we speak with Kent Clark. His first hand experience with tennis elbow is a testament to persistence. While tennis elbow may ...Read More
Listen: On Total Hip Replacement With Kristen Klatchuk
In this episode we had the privilege of spending time with Kristen Klatchuk who underwent a Total Hip Replacement. We share her journey from ...Read More
Return to Running Post-partum: Where do I begin?
Running is a popular and efficient form of exercise that provides numerous physical and mental benefits. However, for individuals who have given birth, returning ...Read More