Rachel HumphreyBack to All
a vibrancy and cheer with every visit that can make anyone feel better
- Doctor of Physiotherapy, Bond University 2011
- Bachelor of Physical Education, University of Alberta 2007
- Radial Shockwave Certification – 2013
- Acupuncture Foundation of Canada Institute certification – 2014
- APTA Vestibular Rehabilitation Certified, Emory University – 2014
- Level 3 Upper & Lower Extremity, Orthopedic Division Canada
- Soccer, basketball and music enthusiast
Rachel grew up in the Edmonton area and first knew her love of physiotherapy after taking sports medicine classes in high school. She travelled down under to Australia to complete her degree and after treating enough injuries sustained from wild kangaroo attacks and a significant share of aussie rules football games, she came back home. Ask her about indoor soccer games turning full contact, reviews of a recent concert, or a run down on the best lipstick brands. We guarantee there will be no awkward silent moments if she is at the clinic, actually no silent moments at all when she’s around. Her vibrant personality can make even the most unfortunate circumstances a little better even before a treatment begins.
- Favorite book – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Her first adult book she read growing up under recommendation from her Dad.
- Favorite sport – Mainly played basketball and soccer growing up. She still plays soccer in her free time, however the basketball career ended when everyone else kept on growing.
- Favorite movie – A fancy award winning foreign film… Just kidding. She sings along to the soundtrack from the Little Mermaid and can quote almost the entire Pitch Perfect movie.
- Favorite Hobby – Music! Don’t ask her for some new song suggestions unless you’re ready to leave with 14 sticky notes.
- Favorite Accessory – She loves scarves. She also loves all things pink which makes it a good thing she joined leading edge.
- Clinical Pet Peeve – When Lindsay steals pens, messes up acupuncture kits, has piles of paper everywhere and when ultrasound gel gets everywhere. But mostly just Lindsay.
- Something you may not know about her –She has recently been called the baby whisperer. The babies were unavailable for comment as they were all fast asleep in her arms.
- Staff say – “SHH! You will hear her before you see her.”
- Superhuman Talent– An uncanny ability to retain the lyrics to songs.
Rachel spent the initial stage of her career working with elite Aussie Rules Football Clubs down under. She returned to Canada and began her private practice in Spruce Grove. She has since attained a significant post graduate resume which includes advanced training from Emory University in Vestibular Rehabilitation, certification in acupuncture from the Canadian Acupuncture Foundation and is near completion of her advanced credentials in orthopedic manual therapy. Additionally, she is pursuing GUNN IMS certification from the University of British Columbia.Request Appointment
Disc Herniations and You
Normally I would go to the literature and pull out a number of research articles to provide some statistics for your information. ...Read More
Is Radial Shockwave Right For Me?
Do you suffer from tennis elbow, golfers elbow, jumpers knee (patellar tendinitis), achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis or rotator cuff tendinitis and you live in ...Read More
Plantar Fasciitis – One of The Most Common Causes of Heel Pain
At Leading Edge Physiotherapy, on a daily basis we see feet. We see a lot of them. The most common complaint of pain in ...Read More
Self Care for TMJ Pain
If you are suffering from TMJ (jaw) symptoms there can be many causes. Everything from the structure of your jaw and grinding of the ...Read More
The Spa at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Located in the amazing Jasper National Park, a Unesco World Heritage Site, the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge offers more than just an amazing hotel ...Read More