MScPT, AFCI, CGIMSBack to All
hands that were made for fixing
- Masters of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Alberta 2007
- Canadian Acupuncture Foundation Institute Certification – 2009
- Gunn IMS Certification, Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain, British Columbia – 2010
- Radial Shockwave Certification – 2010
- Hockey player, golfer and cross country skiier.
Scott had two aspirations when it came to career choices. Doctor or marine biologist. It had nothing to do with the fact that he could fix his own injuries as they inevitably arose playing sports. When he went for physiotherapy as a teenager for sports injuries, he became fascinated by the profession. He thought it would be great to work with other athletes and help people get back to doing the things they wanted to do. Having a wife in the profession also made it an easy decision as he could use her text books. Don’t let his rural upbringing fool you, because no farmer would be caught dead wearing the vibrant socks he wears around the clinic. He graduated from the U of A in 2007 from physiotherapy, and it quickly became has been his passion since. He is best known for his witty banter around the clinic and his love for all things sports. Whether you’re just beginning your hockey career by learning to skate, or you took the old timer’s team practice a bit too seriously, Scott is your man.
- Favorite book – the power of one by Bryce Courtenay.
- Favorite sport – hockey, golf, baseball, and if quick comebacks were a sport he would be in the Olympics.
- Favorite movie –He doesn’t actually watch many movies as most new parents can relate, but Shawshank Redemption and Braveheart are his classics.
- Favorite Hobby – Recently it’s getting his son Finley to laugh uncontrollably- it doesn’t seem to get old or less adorable.
- Clinical Pet Peeve – Dirty microwaves. He doesn’t want to talk about it, and he certainly doesn’t want to clean it.
- Something you may not know about him – Despite no musical talent he was named to the recorder performing group in grade 6. He was allowed to play the triangle with very strict guidelines.
- Staff say – He’s the TV control freak: if it’s not on sports it’s going to be soon. He has adapted to have overly large hands in order to be able to hold all the clinic remotes at once.
- Superhuman Talent – He sweats the second he thinks about physical activity!
After graduating from the University of Alberta with two degrees, he went on to achieve advanced training in acupuncture, intramuscular stimulation and radial shockwave. Scott has hands that are made for fixing people, and many people have been the recipient of his healing touch. His hands and his training were celebrated when he won the St. Albert Gazette’s readers choice top physiotherapist, which he considers more than an honor. To Scott this distinction is a reflection of the time, effort and skill that he applies to each one of the patients whom he is so privileged to treat. He was born and raised in Sturgeon County and looks forward to a long career helping people in the St. Albert community to reach their goals, whether they are in sport or life. He continues to seek new avenues to advance his skills for the benefit all of his patients.Request Appointment
Disc Herniations and You
Normally I would go to the literature and pull out a number of research articles to provide some statistics for your information. ...Read More
Is Radial Shockwave Right For Me?
Do you suffer from tennis elbow, golfers elbow, jumpers knee (patellar tendinitis), achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis or rotator cuff tendinitis and you live in ...Read More
Plantar Fasciitis – One of The Most Common Causes of Heel Pain
At Leading Edge Physiotherapy, on a daily basis we see feet. We see a lot of them. The most common complaint of pain in ...Read More
Self Care for TMJ Pain
If you are suffering from TMJ (jaw) symptoms there can be many causes. Everything from the structure of your jaw and grinding of the ...Read More
The Spa at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Located in the amazing Jasper National Park, a Unesco World Heritage Site, the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge offers more than just an amazing hotel ...Read More