BScPT, CMAc, CGIMSBack to All
more stubborn than the problems he treats
- Bachelors Of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Alberta (with distinction) – 1999
- Medical Acupuncture Certification, University of Alberta (Dr. Aung) – 2000
- Gunn IMS Certification, Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain, British Columbia – 2003
- Radial Shockwave Certification – 2005
- Graston Technique Certification – 2006
- Devoted community activist, volunteer and donor
Grant is Grant. Not much more to say. He sings loudly, louder even when asked if he “ever shuts up.” He works longer, has more fun, and is known as the human form of the energizer bunny. A former hockey goalie, rugby scrum half, football wide receiver, soccer midfielder, he is a born competitor and strategist who initially found his outlet in sport. He has for the past 17 years redirected his unique energy, efforts and caring at managing the pain and injuries of his patients. He is certainly more stubborn than any of your injuries might be.
- Favorite book – he didn’t read a book cover to cover until he completed a microbiology text book in his first year at the U of A. He has since filled several book shelves, and you won’t get him to choose just one favorite book!
- Favorite sport – he’s played most of them: soccer, waterskiing, wakeboarding, downhill skiing, hockey, football, tennis, squash, rugby, golf. If it’s competitive, it’s his favorite (but not basketball, he’s too short to be good at it)
- Favorite movie – Goodwill Hunting and Dead Poets Society
- Favorite Hobby – work! He can’t get enough of it
- Clinical Pet Peeve – germs, we can’t keep the clinic sterile enough
- Something you may not know about him – he loves Tupperware and wears nose plugs to water ski
- Staff say – “this physio has more energy than a locomotive without even a drop of caffeine and puts most of that energy into his patients and the business of taking away your pain. He is a veteran of physical therapy and should stick with it, because we all know he can never fall back on his singing career.”
- Superhuman Talent – he can sing the first 5 words of almost any song on the radio (”sing ” might be overstating it a bit) – unless being put on the spot by Andrew Gross of 630 ched
Grant is a 2013 Avenue Edmonton Top 40 under 40 Alumnus (http://www.avenueedmonton.com/top-40-under-40/grant-fedoruk). In 2016 he was awarded Top 20 Business person by Business in Edmonton.
In addition to the time he spends at the clinic with his patients, Grant stays active in the profession and community. He has appeared on 630 Cheds “Ask the Experts” for over 18 years and now has his own monthly radio show “Fit after 40” on 630 Ched. You may have heard or seen him on CBC, CTV or Global and his articles can be found in numerous publications around St. Albert and Edmonton. He is the past chairman of the Edmonton Zebra Child Protection Centre. He is a former executive member of our professional body called the College of Physical Therapists of Alberta, having served for over 9 years. He has serves on the oversight board, the Dean’s Advisory Committee at the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Alberta and has served as a faculty representative of the UofA Alumni Council. He contributes to local sporting teams through sponsorship and often with speaking engagements.
Check out his interview with Business in Edmonton:
- Intramuscular Stimulation
Leading Edge Physiotherapy is pleased to offer IMS – Intra-Muscular Stimulation to our patients. Although IMS uses implements adapted from traditional acupuncture, it is based on scientific western medical neurophysiological principles and techniques aimed at increasing circulation, releasing shortened muscles and desensitizing nerves.Learn More
Acupuncture is the insertion of fine needles into the body at specific points, which have been empirically proven effective in the treatment of specific disorders. The Chinese have mapped these points over a period of 2000 years and we know where they are. Like knowing the streets and buildings of a city will help you to your destination, knowing these points and utilizing them effectively can assist with many painful conditions to get you where you want to be.Learn More
- Radial Shockwave
At Leading Edge Physiotherapy we offer the Swiss DolorClast® Master, a state-of-the-art technology that delivers a pneumatically generated high pressure sound wave that travels through the skin and into inflamed tissues and bone. This treatment shows significant results for chronic conditions and our 8 years of experience with it is included.Learn More
- Graston Technique
Graston Technique is a soft tissue mobilization technique utilizing specially designed tools to assist athletes and individuals with their injuries. Just as a crumpled paper doesn’t appear smooth as a normal one does, neither does muscle after injury. This technique ensures that the paper, oops, muscle, regains its normal appearance and function after an acute or chronic injury.Learn More
- Sports Physiotherapy
Our professional staff have been active and involved with a broad spectrum of sports over their lives. We have staff that are passionate about golf, hockey, soccer, football, snowboarding, dancing, yoga, water skiing, tennis, squash, hiking, running, rugby, wakeboarding and many other sports. We have the skills and techniques to give you an edge on your recovery and together with the understanding of your sport, we can tailor them specifically to you.Learn More
At Leading Edge individualized treatment plans involving many techniques are developed with you, the client, and are then implemented, including hands-on treatment options, self-management strategies, and appropriate home exercises. We treat all parts of the body at all stages of the injury and healing process and it’s all called physiotherapy to us. Leading Edge Physiotherapy in Edmonton and St. Albert works, just let us show you how well.Learn More
- Custom Orthotics
Your feet form the foundation of your body and we seek to make sure they are supporting you properly. At Leading Edge we focus on functional orthotics and accommodative orthotics. The principle is that bones aligned properly allow for optimal mechanical advantage. We utilize a comprehensive approach to the care of your feet that may include a biomechanical assessment, video gait analysis and gait scan technology to determine if orthotics are necessary, and if so, ensure that you get the right ones for you.Learn More
- Whiplash Response Regimen
Return to activity is key to your recovery and we have several tools that will assist with this. In addition to physical therapy interventions, we combine on-site acupuncture, IMS, Graston Technique, mobilization, patient/condition specific exercise and our own in-house whiplash protocols to guide you in your recovery. Just as you want and expect an exceptional repair of your vehicle by experienced auto body experts with the latest technology, you should expect the same and more for the people you trust with your body.Learn More
"I have been a client of Leading Edge Physiotherapy since its opening, and I can highly recommend this clinic. It is 5 star in absolutely every aspect. "
- ValMore Experiences
Full Steam Ahead & It’s Only March
We are so very privileged to live and work in Edmonton and St. Albert. We believe that with that privilege comes a level of ...Read More
Meet our Leading Edge Vestibular Rehabilitation Team in Edmonton & St. Albert
At leading Edge Physiotherapy we don't just offer vestibular rehabilitation. We offer a full spectrum of services for those suffering dizziness, balance and vestibular ...Read More
Leading Edge Physiotherapy & Lululemon RunWild 10k Run clinic
If the kids can - We can: Leading Edge is teaming up with our friends at Lululemon to offer training for RunWild! The Challenge: ...Read More
What Does Spinal Decompression Do?
Traction is the Treatment – Decompression is the Result Traction is the process of drawing or pulling. When we utilize our hands or some mechanical ...Read More
Plantar Fasciitis Circa 2011
A throwback to 2011 - while the segment is several years old the information is as relevant today: Here is a short segment that Anita ...Read More