MScPT, BScN, LLBBack to All
a lawyer, a nurse, a person who found his calling in physiotherapy
- Master of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Alberta – 2017
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association Orthopaedic Division CPA Level 1 – 2017
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association Orthopaedic Division CPA Level 2 Lower – 2018
- AA1 and AA2 Medical Acupuncture Accreditation, Acupuncture Foundation of Canada (ACC) – 2019
- SmartPT Spinal Manipulations Accreditation – 2020
- Radial Shockwave Certification – 2020
- Graston Certification – 2020
- Gunn IMS Certification, Institute for the Study and Treatment of Pain, University of British Columbia –2021
- Advanced Vestibular diagnosis and Treatment – Bernard Tonks Dizziness and Rehabilitation Accreditation – 2022
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Alberta (with distinction) – 2013
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Alberta – 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Alberta (with distinction) – 1998
Rob started his journey into physiotherapy like many other physios – as a patient. After a ruptured ACL and subsequent surgery, Rob attended physiotherapy for the extensive rehabilitation required for his knee. With the guidance and assistance of physiotherapy, Rob returned to playing rugby and went on to play his final season in Australia. This experience was the spark for Rob’s interest in becoming a physio, and shaped how he approaches his practice. He works hard to get you back to doing the things you love, and creates treatment plans personalized to your individual needs. Rob thrives on treating a variety of injuries and patients; from weekend warriors to high performance athletes to gardening enthusiasts alike.
- Favourite book – He has a soft spot for Hemingway, and when the mood needs to be lightened, some sci-fi or fantasy will do the trick.
- Favourite sports – Golf, Skiing, Snowboarding, Surfing, and Rugby
- Favourite movie –Thor Ragnarok – humour and 80s inspired soundtrack will always call to him.
- Favourite Hobby – Being a new dad has cut down on “Rob” time, but he still squeezes in 18 holes with the boys every week during the golf season. On an ocean vacation you’ll find him trying to remember how to surf – he’s gotten quite rusty since his time in Australia.
- Clinical Pet Peeve – “How come the TV isn’t on the golf channel? It’s Master’s week!”
- Something you may not know about him – He’s a big tub of goo on the inside – he cried during his wedding ceremony, and probably even more when his sons were born.
- Staff say – “You’re the new guy? You seem kind of old to be new.”
- Superhuman Talent – Talking like a text book until his lovely wife reminds him to talk more like a human and less like a robot.
Rob graduated from the University of Alberta with a Masters of Science in Physical Therapy in 2017, after completing his Bachelor of Science in Nursing (working in the Stollery Paediatric Emergency Department) in 2013. While he does have a Law and Arts degree, Rob felt it was never too late to go back to school for a career you truly love. Rob has also completed several after-degree courses in IMS, orthopaedics, and acupuncture. He is always ready to learn, and continues to advance his academic training in order offer his patients the most treatment options, and the best recovery possible. Rob is very happy to be part of the Leading Edge team at their St. Albert location and a part of the community they are so committed to.Request Appointment
Listen: On A Story of Resilience with Special Guest Kelsey Duliba
Join us today as we hear from Kelsey Duliba, who courageously shares her profound journey of navigating the aftermath of a tragic car accident ...Read More
Listen: On Total Knee Replacement Part One with Guest Guy Brindley
Join us today in the company of Guy Brindley as he shares his post-total knee arthroplasty journey. At the 10-day mark post-operation, Guy will ...Read More
Listen: On A Helicopter Crash with Special Guest Delaney Frame
Join us today as we feature Delaney Frame, who found herself in a helicopter alongside three others, conducting a routine animal pattern survey in ...Read More
The Inaugural Paddle Battle
Leading Edge Physiotherapy is excited to bring you our first-ever Pickleball Paddle Battle: a recreational pickleball round-robin designed to get fit, have fun, and ...Read More
Listen: On Accessibility with Guest Theresa Wills
Join us today as Theresa Wills generously shares her personal journey as a paraplegic, shedding light on the intricate challenges of accessibility. Her narrative ...Read More