Capilano Takes On Your Pain
Pain. Burning. Shooting. Aching. Throbbing. Stabbing. Nagging. Pain. November 6 to 12, is National Pain Awareness Week and Physiotherapists are leaders at managing pain in Edmonton, Alberta, and Canada.
Here are some pain and physiotherapy facts, compliments of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association:
- 1 in 5 Canadian adults suffer from chronic pain. Physio can help get you back to the activities that are important to you.
- Up to 78% of ER visits are about pain. Physio can help your acute pain in many instances and can also teach you self-management approaches to reduce pain.
- The estimated cost of chronic pain in Canada is $56-60 billion. Physio can help reduce these costs.
Capilano’s Pain Treatment Approach
Our modern treatment and old-fashioned care approach to acute pain relief, based on a sports medicine model, helps you return to everyday activities as soon as it is safely possible and improves soft tissue and pain relief outcomes.
Capilano’ Chronic Pain Special Interests
In addition to basic physiotherapy, Capilano and our highly skilled and experienced professional staff have special interests in and offer the following to fight chronic pain:
- Spinal Decompression
- Intra-Muscular Stimulation
- Footmaxx Custom Orthotics
- K-Laser™ Therapy
- Radial Shockwave
- Medical Acupuncture
- Graston™ Technique
- BioPulse™ Diabetic Foot Pain Therapy
Sometimes, in order to relieve certain chronic pain presentations, a combination of these therapies listed above can be applied. And the great thing is, that you don’t have to go to separate facilities to get them. Capilano has them all.
If you are suffering from pain, you want to get rid of it fast. Call Capilano today at 780-466-1104 and let us help you wake up to pain free living.
Capilano Rehab Centre | Physical Therapy Capilano physical therapists have provided state-of-the-art physical therapy, sports physiotherapy, back pain, WCB, accident, whiplash and injury rehab to clients in Edmonton for over 10 years.