Is Radial Shockwave Right For Me?
Do you suffer from tennis elbow, golfers elbow, jumpers knee (patellar tendinitis), achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis or rotator cuff tendinitis and you live in Edmonton, St. Albert or surrounding areas?
If you answer YES to the 4 questions below you may be a candidate for Radial Shockwave:
- Do you have pain in your heel, elbow, knee, shins, feet or shoulder?
- Have you been diagnosed with Lateral/Medial Epicondylitis (tennis or golfers elbow), Rotator cuff tendinosis or calcification, Shin splints, Patellar tendonitis, Achilles tendonitis, Plantar fasciitis or Hallux Rigidus (stiff big toe).
- Has your pain been present longer than 3-6 months?
- Have you tried other treatments including but not limited to physiotherapy, massage or chiropractic and these treatments failed to resolve your pain?
In order to qualify for Radial Shockwave you must also answer NO to the following 4 questions:
- Have you had a cortisone injection in the past 30 days?
- Do you have any bleeding disorders or blood circulation disturbances?
- Do you have cancer that is not in remission?
- If female, are you pregnant?
If you have answered YES to the initial 4 questions and NO to the last 4 questions, that is GREAT, you are a candidate for this state of the art treatment for chronic non-responsive pain. Ultimately only after an assessment by a qualified professional can it be determined if Radial Shockwave Therapy is the right treatment for your condition.
Please make sure that you seek treatment from a qualified and licensed physiotherapist or physician. Under the care of these professionals you can know that the treatment is being applied for the right diagnosis, on the right problem, under the right circumstance and at the right time.
At Leading Edge, your injury will be assessed by a registered physical therapist and as the Radial Shockwave is performed by a physical therapist at our facility, the procedure is considered physical therapy and should therefore be covered by third party physical therapy insurance coverage (always check with your benefits provider for limits).
If you feel that you may qualify for this procedure, please contact us to arrange an assessment with one of our Certified Radial Shockwave providers. No medical referral required