Do I need custom foot orthotics?
Have you had to quit dancing? Problems in your feet, ankles, hips, and even lower back can be due to improper foot biomechanics and not just the wrong dance steps. You may need physiotherapy to help you kick that foot pain.
Physical Therapy Custom Foot Orthotics
If you are uncertain whether or not orthotics may benefit your sore feet, take a minute to answer this questionnaire:
- Do you experience achy or sore legs at the end of the day?
- Do you suffer from lower back pain?
- Do you suffer from knee pain?
- Do you suffer from ankle pain when running or walking?
- Do you suffer from foot pain?
- Do you sit and/or stand for long periods of time?
- Do you experience a sharp pain in your heel(s) first thing in the morning when you step out of bed?
- Do you experience a feeling of fullness or tenderness in the ball of your foot?
- Do you have shin splints running down the inside or outside or your lower leg?
- Do you have a history of diabetes?
- Do you have bunions?
- Do you experience aches or soreness in your arches or general pain and numbness?
If you answered “Yes” and checked off more than four (4) of the above mentioned problems, you may benefit from and qualify for a pair of custom made orthotics. Many of the problems above may be related to your feet. Your feet are the foundation of your body.
We recommend that you consider attending Capilano’s Footmaxx Gait Analysis Clinic for a no obligation evaluation to determine if you need orthotics. Orthotics are inserts that are made specifically for your foot and fit inside your shoes to address foot-related problems.
Physical Therapy Assessment
Capilano Rehab clinic’s registered Physical Therapists and assistants are trained to assess your need for orthotics. A typical physical therapy assessment involves the evaluation of the alignment of your lower legs, ankles and feet and in addition to using our state-of-the-art Footmaxx™ computerized scanning system, to observing and measure the way you walk. If we can determine how a mal-alignment creates your symptoms, we can correct the alignment with orthotics to reduce or eliminate your pain and discomfort.
No referral is needed to attend and purchase orthotics from Capilano, however, your insurance plan may require a doctor’s prescription and/or formal gait analysis report.
If your foot problems are not related to your biomechanics, our physical therapy clinic offers additional on-site foot and ankle pain treatment services including: physiotherapy modalities, Graston Technique, Kinesio-taping, IMS (Gunn Certified), and Radial Shockwave Therapy.
Come see us. We’ll help you get back on your feet!
Capilano Rehab physical therapists have provided state-of-the-art physical therapy, sports physiotherapy, back pain, WCB, accident, whiplash and injury rehab to clients in Edmonton for over 10 years.
Edmonton, AB. T6A 3Y8