Your BIODEX Advantage
Capilano is pleased to offer the BIODEX® System to Edmonton and the surrounding area physical therapy patients.
The BIODEX® incorporates the latest in auto-programming, tested robotic treatment protocols, and uncompromised accuracy. All this so that post-surgical knees or shoulders can efficiently and safely regain flexibility and strength as quickly as possible.
What is unique about the BIODEX® System?
The BIODEX® allows patients to iso-kinetically test and train with the isolated joints and surrounding musculature in biomechanically correct positions and at speeds that replicate actual function.
Isokinetic exercise is defined as the resistance to a movement that a patient encounters that is in direct proportion to the effort.
With isokinetic exercise, a patient does not encounter more resistance than they are capable of applying. This can be especially advantageous to reduce pain while safely trying to improve the quality of the muscle contraction and function.
What are some benefits of the BIODEX ?
According to BIODEX®, some benefits that the BIODEX may offer you as part of your injury recovery plan are:
- Measure all the parameters (including acceleration and deceleration) that define muscle functional performance
- Decrease joint effusion
- Increase range of motion
- Improve healing of the articular cartilage and soft tissues
- Reduce risk of re-injury (especially athletes)
- Offer appropriate strengthening protocols for knees and shoulders
- Safe and effective strengthening after injury or surgery
- Determines readiness to return to sport or job
- Provides your attending therapist with an objective report including comparison of strength to the non-injured side
What type of problems may be suitable for the BIODEX?
While the BIODEX® can be used in various clinical situations, the most common utilization at Capilano Rehab has been for the following:
- Post Shoulder Surgery
- Post Knee Surgery
- Chronic Rotator Cuff
- Frozen Shoulder
- Chondromalacia Patella Syndrome
- Osteoarthritic Knee Pain
- Industrial Injury Rehab (Gripping, Twisting, etc.)
And remember. The BIODEX is typically only one component of your total rehab experience at Capilano. You will likely have other treatment modalities and exercises included in your individualized rehab program.
What could I do next?
If you have had shoulder or knee surgery, or another related problem, and would like to find out if the BIODEX would be appropriate for you, please call our office at (780) 466-1104 to schedule your physical therapy examination. Capilano offers Modern Treatments and Old Fashioned Care.
Capilano Rehab Clinic physical therapists have provided state-of-the-art physical therapy, sports physiotherapy, back pain, WCB, accident, whiplash and injury rehab to clients in Edmonton for over 10 years.
Edmonton, AB. T6A 3Y8