Strength Training Pain Recovery
What do you have in common with a 215 lb. pro muscle model? If you are suffering from weight training injuries or aches and pains, we’ll treat you the way we treat a pro. Every strength training patient who attends Capilano gets a trained and experienced health professional who will deliver a customized recovery and injury prevention program.
For over twenty years, Capilano Rehab Centre has excelled at treating the sprains and strains of elite and recreational athletes. We have successfully helped professional and amateur body builders, NHL, AHL, WHL, pro-football, pro-basketball, pro-baseball, Olympians, Team Canada, CIS, ACAC, and high school athletes get back to action quickly and safely.
Upper back pain, sore shoulders, elbows, and wrists represent the most common weight training problem areas seen at Capilano. Here are some of our effective treatment approaches for those issues:
- Graston Technique (GT): Graston Technique is an option for treating stubborn soft tissue injuries which arise from scar tissue, adhesions, and fascial restrictions. GT has helped treat forearm strains secondary to curl exercises.
- Radial Shockwave: Capilano uses a state-of-the-art Swiss Dolorcast® RSWT system and has added a new EVO-Blue® applicator for the treatment of chronic rotator cuff and triceps strains.
- K-Laser™: Capilano’s Class IV K-Laser delivers specific red and near-infrared wavelengths of laser light to increase circulation, reduced inflammation, pain reduction and enhanced tissue healing. K-Laser has been effective for chronic wrist and lower neck pain.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Capilano’s registered massage therapists offer deep tissue treatments for all around maintenance and workout recovery.
- IMS (Intramuscular Stimulation): IMS treats chronic pain of neuropathic origin. IMS is a similar technique to acupuncture and uses filament needles to assess and treat tight muscle bands, especially those around the hips and upper back.
If you are an avid weightlifter, training for a competition or just for your own personal health and fitness goals, and you suffer from nagging, chronic pain, call Capilano today at 780-466-1104 and let us help you wake up to pain free living.
Capilano Rehab Centre | Physical Therapy Capilano physical therapists have provided state-of-the-art physical therapy, sports physiotherapy, back pain, WCB, accident, whiplash and injury rehab to clients in Edmonton for over 10 years.